[Qt-creator] Creator as DDD replacement

Karl Robillard krobillard at san.rr.com
Sat May 2 03:28:23 CEST 2009

> you can just enter stuff into the gdb input pane and press ctrl-enter in
> that line.

This seems pretty useless in it's current state.  I need a normal command line
where commands can be typed at a prompt (with history) and get responses in
the same window (and without all the communication garbage Creator prints).
It doesn't look like the GUI even knows anything about what the ctrl-enter
commands do.  If I step or set a breakpoint, the GUI does not update.

Also, where does stdout go?  I'm debugging a command line program and I don't
see the output in the 'Application Output' window.   In DDD, stdout goes into
the command line window by default, so you can't fail to see it.  It seems
bizarre that basic stuff like seeing the output of my program is hidden away
somewhere by Creator.

-Karl