[Qt-creator] Fwd: Qt-creator can't find the location of the executable it built

Martin Hofius Martin at hofius-online.com
Tue May 5 15:17:58 CEST 2009

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 5. Mai 2009 schrieb Mildred Ki'Lya:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with QtCreator. When I try to start the executable,
> it can't find it. On Windows, I get:
>

> Starting C:/Project/configurator.shanti/main/debug/configurator.exe...
>
> With the same project, on GNU/Linux, it would try to find the
> executable in the directory configurator.shanti/main/configurator
> (notice, it doesn't search in the debug directory)
I noticed the difference between windows and linux too. In Linux I had to use
shadow build to place the executable in a debug/release directory, in windows
the debug/release dirs are used without any configuration changes. I hope
this will be fixed in a future version. Or even better the configuration name
(or separatly given directory name) will be used as default executable path
and as default run configuration path.

> Is there a way to tell QtCreator to look for the executable ni the
> correct directory?
> Woulde it be possible to do so without modifying .pro.user files
> (those are not saved in the subversion repository and frequently
> erased since they can be thje source of some problems)
You can create run configurations for debug/release build configurations
(select the second tab on project configuration and create a new run
configuration). But as far as I can see the run configurations are stored in
the pro.user file. Of course you can write a smal bat (windows) or shell
script (linux) to start the executable in a different directory - but I
haven't tested if the debugger can find the right process to control...

Greetings
Martin