[Qt-creator] [Debugger] Can not step into source code on RHEL5.2?

Ed Sutton ESutton at fescorp.com
Tue May 5 21:24:31 CEST 2009

> > debug:UNSUPPORTED GDB VERSION GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.5-37.el5rh)
> > debug:Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
> This could already be a problem. We test with "plain" 6.8
> and current CVS gdb only.

That was it!

I downloaded, configure/make/install gdb 6.8 and all is good.  Sorry, I am forced to use RHEL 5.2.  I understand much is very out of date.  I will add gdb 6.8 to my build environment configuration notes on developing for Red Hat.  I wonder if should also update the gcc for the codec stuff (optimizations) I work on?

> It does not seem to try to set any breakpoint. Did you specify any?

No. Sorry, I forgot to set a break point since it had not been working for me.  Now all is good!

Thanks again,

-Ed