[Qt-creator] Qt Creator response too slow

Juha.Ruotsalainen at nokia.com Juha.Ruotsalainen at nokia.com
Thu May 7 13:36:47 CEST 2009

Valgrind, good as it is, is N/A for Vista.

I did a quick trial runs with Sysinternals' Process Monitor. Test setup
was the same in both cases: same project, same code file, same point in
a method, hit enter at that line.

The main difference between 1.0 and 1.1 is that the latter does ends up
spending 0.3 of a second at the nearest Windows Domain Controller
(\\xxwdc101\PIPE\samr) doing pipe operations: writing, reading and calling
FileSystemControl (FSCTL_PIPE_TRANSCEIVE). These DC accesses occurred 14
times in my small log with each occurrence lasting for about 0.2-0.3 seconds.

You doin' some funky pipe stuff in QtCreator now ;)

--
jussi