[Qt-creator] Fwd: Resize probelm

Thorbjørn Lindeijer thorbjorn.lindeijer at nokia.com
Thu May 7 14:01:43 CEST 2009

ext Yuvaraj R wrote:
> Hi
>
>   I too using the Qt only.....

"The Qt" indicates you're entirely confused about the difference between
Qt and Qt Creator. Qt is the library your application is using, and Qt
Creator is the application you're using to develop your application.
Since you're having problems with the way you're using Qt, people are
trying to point out that this list, which is about Qt Creator, is not
the right place to ask your question.

> I am trying to display the tweets in listview ....
>
> Please find my code in attachment.

Next time, please don't include any object files in your archive.
They're pretty big.

To keep this Qt Creator related, I'll try to point out how Qt Creator
can help you fix your application. I noticed you have two debug lines in
your code:

    qDebug(" before  the resize");
    aTweet->resize( width , aTweet->size().height() );
    qDebug(" After the resize");

Qt Creator has nicer ways to debug code. Just run it in the debugger
(F5) and wait for it to crash. Then go up the call stack to the
interesting point in your code:

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9020/debugging.png

I've highlighted the important information for you. aTweet is a null
pointer because you assigned the value of "t" to it, but you've never
assigned anything to "t" (it is a null QPointer).

Good luck!

Bjørn

--
Thorbjørn Lindeijer