[Qt-creator] Cannot use qtc-debugging-helper.

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at nokia.com
Fri May 8 13:35:21 CEST 2009

On Friday 08 May 2009 12:54:27 ext Kuiper, Luuk wrote:
> Ok, thanks.
>
> Remaining the subject of the this mail.
>
> My last suggestions was to investigate when the message "Debugging helpers not found" is displayed in the debug button bar.
>
> Can you find in that area any clue why the debugger helpers are not found?

The message is a bit misleading. In your case the helpers have been found
and loaded, but not produced any output. I had a similar problem once
when the debugging helpers had been compiled without proper debug
information themselves. So one thing you could to do is to completely
remove them manually (the whole qtc-debugging-helper directory in your
Qt dir), re-build the helpers using the Qt preferences dialog in Creator
and check the "build log" whether it shows "-g" somewhere.

Andre'