[Qt-creator] QHC and Creator

Karsten Heimrich karsten.heimrich at nokia.com
Mon May 11 13:00:50 CEST 2009

Hi Ladnar,

ext Ladnar, Marc schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I just updated my doxygen and tried to generate the help files for
> QtCreator from my libs.
> All worked fine, and the integration to the assistant inside of
> QtCreator worked, too.
>
> But I recognized 2 problems:
>
> 1) In settings dialog when adding the qch files to creator, I'm not able
> to set filter for them.

Did you specify some defaults in your doxygen ini? Take a look at:

QHP_CUST_FILTER_NAME
QHP_CUST_FILTER_ATTRS
QHP_SECT_FILTER_ATTRS

> 2) Why doesn't the editor show the F1 tooltip when hovering one of my
> classes? Is there anything else necessary to activate that? Special tags
> in Doxygen?

I'm sorry to say that, but with the current doxygen
implementation it is "not" possible to achieve this.

ATM we do not get the keywords out of doxygen (not implemented
yet) to include them in the keywords section inside the qhp file,
thus later when the help is build and cpp hoverhandler tries to
resolve the symbol under your mouse, it cannot find it.

To work around this limitation, one can export the documentation
first into a Microsoft help project and reuse the tool here(*) to
generate the qch file. Please make sure to set the options that
the *.hhp (project) *.hhk (index) and *hhc (toc) files are build.

(*)http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2008/06/20/introducing-doxygen2qthelp-create-qch-files-from-doxygen-finally/

Regards,
--
Karsten Heimrich - karsten.heimrich (AT) nokia.com
Software Engineer - Nokia, Qt Software