[Qt-creator] Problems with source files on a linux machine's samba share

juergen.lanner at besi.com juergen.lanner at besi.com
Wed May 13 15:31:39 CEST 2009

Hi trolls!

I just installed Qt Creator 1.1 and see an issue when accessing my source
files located on a linux machine's samba share.
When changing them alway a warning is displayed ("You are changing a read
only file.") although the file is not read only at all.
I am working on an windows xp work station.

I was using exactly the same setup for the last  few weeks with Creator 1.0
and didn't see the problem there.

I assume it has something to do with the linux machine's samba share
because locating the sources locally or onto a remote windows machine does
not cause the problem.

Thanx in advance

juergen

PS: I really like working with Qt Creator! Very good job done, Trolls :-)