[Qt-creator] Problems console application and Q_OBJECT

Ladnar, Marc Marc.Ladnar at ksab.kroschu.com
Thu May 14 07:04:48 CEST 2009

Hi Petric,

it is a common Qt qmake problem.
Qmake is not called until the .pro has not changed. But qmake is the
tool generating the Makefile commands for moc compiling.
So you will have to do it in QtCreator like as in Qt itself. I think
there will be no patch for QtCreator to solve this problem because it is
located in qmake and Makefile.
It could only be solved when in Makefile the qmake command not only gets
called when the .pro file changed but when every project header changed,
too. On bigger projects this will get very annoying.
The programmer himself does know when to run qmake again because he
added the Q_OBJECT macro into his header.

Hope that makes it a little clearer to you.

Have a nice day,

Marc