[Qt-creator] project tree, show subdirectories

Mildred Ki'Lya ml.mildred593 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 17:27:06 CEST 2009

On 05/15/2009 03:36 PM, Ernst Huber wrote:
> Mildred Ki'Lya schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wonder if there is a way to have a view of the project tree, showing
>> subdirectories. In our project, we have many different classes that are
>> each in a different directory. Being able to get those subdirectories to
>> show would be useful to find the file we want to edit.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Mildred
>>

> Hi Mildred
>
> You should have a separate .pro file for each subdirectory (assuming
> each of your subdirectories represents a more or less stand-alone unit
> such as a library). Then a main .pro (to be opened in Creator) with the
> "subdirs" template is needed with a list of all the subdirectories.

We already have that, but creating so many projects can become a
problem. But some subprojects (libraries) have many many files, and we
can't really split them. We would run into problems: like if you link a
static library to a dynamic library, the symbols of the static library
are not exported.

And with that proposition, it's impossible to have files at the same
level as subfolders (subdir projects don't compile anything). Some of
our projects are made this way.

So, I'd really like to be able to see subdirectories.

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'Lya
╭───────── mildred593@online.fr ──────────