[Qt-creator] MAY BE SIMPLE

Andre Poenitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat May 16 19:24:46 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 06:50:13PM +0200, Dr. Simon Lange wrote:
> hi all,

Hi Simon.

> we use QT under commercial licence inside Visual Studio. Now I wanted to
> play with QtCreator a little bit, but I cant debug my applications.

For debugging applications built with MSVC you need a recent development
version of Creator and even there it is "experimental". The feature is
new and not present in any released version of Qt Creator.

> linked the project against the c:\QT\4.4.3 - version (QtCreator:
> Tools->Qt). but he says: "Debugging VS executeables is not supported".
> what to do ? Isnt it possible to use the commercial-version ?

No, not even there.

> have I to install another QT ? Or have I to use to another debugger
> (just now gdb)?

Yes, you will need to install Microsoft's "Debugging Tools for Windows"
in addition to the new Creator.

Regards,
Andre'

PS: Please don't shout in the Subject: line.