[Qt-creator] Debugging lists

Fabrice Feray fabrice at feray.com
Sat May 16 21:49:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

The objects are not derived from QObject. I could do that though. How
would it work?

It's still annoying. That's quite a limitation.

Fab

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 02:57:50PM +0200, Fabrice Feray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use lists with pointers to abstract base class to gather in the list
> different type of objects that share the same abstract base class.
>
> In the debugger, I have only access to the base class information of
> each object. But I would like to access information beyond the base
> class: I would like to downcast them so as have access to full
> information.
>
> How can I do that?

Tell the gdb folks to provide full type information also when using the
MI frontend ;-}

Are the objects derived from QObject? In this case we might find a
workaround using the QObject meta information.

Andre'