[Qt-creator] Fwd: Debugging lists

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at nokia.com
Mon May 18 17:15:04 CEST 2009

On Monday 18 May 2009 15:47:43 ext Fabrice Feray wrote:
> I wrote earlier:
> > Tell the gdb folks to provide full type information also when using the
> > MI frontend ;-}
>
> Derived (actual) type can be accessed through CLI, which
> can be accessed through MI. So I don't see what you mean.

The problem is that CLI output parsing is more fragile than
MI output parsing so from a frontend point of view using MI
is preferable. Given that gdb already has the dynamic type
information available it would be nice if it printed it also when
using the MI.

Of course, a frontend could work around that by asking for
CLI and MI output or such, but this will slow down normal
operation and convolute the frontend code for something
that's probably a one or two lines patch to gdb itself, so
I really would like doing the "correction" in the frontend.

Regards,
Andre'