[Qt-creator] Additional libraries in my project

Andre Poenitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed May 20 19:24:06 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 07:13:08PM +0300, Kosta wrote:
> Hello, I have to use the SNMP++ library in my project. But I'm not
> sure how to add it. I have a .tar file "snmp++v3.2.23.tar", I think I
> should unrar it and place the "include" and "src" directories in my
> project folder in the workspace ?

Create a .pri file for it and include this in your project's main .pro
file.

> I am worried, because as far as I know there is no support for
> subfolders yet.  What is the correct approach here ? I've attached the
> library.

Please, _please_, don't do that again. This is a mailing list read
by a lot of people, not all of them on a fast and cheap internet
connection. The download link you gave is completely sufficient.

Andre'

PS: The Qt related example code will only compile with Qt 3 or
needs to be ported to Qt 4, i.e. it won't run out-of-the-box in
Qt Creator.