[Qt-creator] Creating libraries with QT Creator

Andre Poenitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri May 22 13:15:26 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 11:28:14AM +0300, Kosta wrote:
> Hello all, I am trying to GET IN USE this snmp++ library :
> http://www.agentpp.com/snmp_pp3_x/download_snmp_ppv3/download_snmp_ppv3.html
> more specifically this http://www.agentpp.com/snmp++v3.2.23.tar.gz
>
> The problem is that these are the sources. And I REALLY CAN'T FIGURE
> IT OUT HOW TO MAKE A LIBRARY FROM IT !  So PLEASE, somebody see this
> archive and help me how to make the library from it...  there is no
> help, no simple steps exmplained. I am using Windows XP.

There are Makefiles included, however they seem to be for different
flavours of Unix only. So you would need to set up the compilation
(including the compilation of possible dependencies) on Windows first.

Incidentally, the stuff does not compile out-of-the-box on Linux either,
also the code looks pretty old. I would be surprised if there wasn't
something better maintained SNMP library to be found on the net.

Andre'