[Qt-creator] Class design of programs when QT Designer is used

Kosta userqt at gmail.com
Sat May 23 16:02:53 CEST 2009

Hi,
I was wondering about the ui variable generated by the Designer. I have been thinking, what if your UI is big. In the Designer, it's separated in tabs for example, but at the end the only thing you do is... just create a widget and call the setupUI method to put ALL into this widget.
What do you think about it ?
I'm working on a project right now, and I am thinking how to implement all in object-oriented way, while my whole ui is actually in my MainWindow widget and ui variable.
Also it seems I can only auto-connect slots in the widget to which setupUI is called. Maby I should put all the methods in this class ?
In almost all examples QT Designer is not used and the objects are quite clear and consistent. And now everything is in one place. :)
Or I'm missing something, I'm new to QT and C++ and I am a little bit confused now. :)

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4098 (20090522) __________

http://www.eset.com