[Qt-creator] Qt/QtCreator under Solaris

Victor Sardina Victor.Sardina at noaa.gov
Tue May 26 06:24:39 CEST 2009

Hello:

I succeeded in compiling Qt-4.5.1 under Solaris 9 (Sparc). I run into a
couple of wrinkles before everything compiled to completion. For perhaps
the benefit of those who might need to do something similar before
attempting to compile QtCreator:

1) Check that you have at least gcc 3.4.6 installed
2) Check that you have the binutils package also installed
3) Check that you have an updated version of gnu make: an old version
might result in errors when actually installing the compiled libraries
4) Set your PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH so as to find g++
(/usr/local/bin/g++) and the required libraries (/usr/local/lib),
respectively.

You can find all the necessary packages at
http://www.sunfreeware.com/indexsparc9.html

When I tried compiling QtCreator, however, the compilation aborts with
an error message about the "sys/ptrace.h" include file not found (no
longer supported by SUN, I believe). I also read all available messages
regarding QtCreator under Solaris dated a way back.

Does anyone has something new on this issue?

As an alternative, I successfully compiled qdevelop, and it works find
under Solaris.

Best regards,
Victor