[Qt-creator] Cannot debug GUI apps on Windows XP (wxvault.dll woes)

Robert Caldecott robert.caldecott at gmail.com
Tue May 26 11:08:46 CEST 2009

I have Qt Creator 1.1.1 running on Windows XP and I cannot debug GUI
apps.  As soon as I start the debugger, it stops with
'signal-received' somewhere in C:\WINDOWS\system32\wxvault.dll.
Further up the call stack is 'QGraphicsWidget::paintWindowFrame'.
Here is what I am getting:

0	wxvault!??0Cwxvault@@QAE at XZ	C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\wxvault.dll	0
1	??		0
2	??		0
3	??		0
4	??		0
5	??		0
6	??		0
7	QGraphicsWidget::paintWindowFrame	qgraphicswidget.cpp	2184
8	wxvault!??0Cwxvault@@QAE at XZ	C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\wxvault.dll	0
9	??		0
10	wxvault!??0Cwxvault@@QAE at XZ	C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\wxvault.dll	0
11	??		0

This is my first day with Qt Creator and not being able to debug is a
show stopper.

My version of gdb is the one that ships with QT Creator, v6.8.  I can
run my app fine with Ctrl+R.