[Qt-creator] Cannot debug GUI apps on Windows XP (wxvault.dll woes)

Robert Caldecott robert.caldecott at gmail.com
Tue May 26 17:16:56 CEST 2009

OK, I found the problem - a package called 'Embassy Security Center'
by 'Wave Systems'.  This comes pre-installed on most Dell's.  Instead
of uninstalling it (which I'm told will cause me a lot of grief) I
stopped the wxvault.dll being loaded with other DLLs by editing
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs
(the DLL was in this list).  Removing it makes gdb play nicely.

Thanks for your help with this Friedemann - I'm not going to give up
on Qt Creator yet! (BTW, it's a marvellous product - very polished for
a v1.x release).