[Qt-creator] How to debug Qt Libraries

Rudenko Eugene erule.biz at gmail.com
Fri May 29 20:21:58 CEST 2009

Hello All.
I'd like to debug QT libraries from Qt-Creator on Ubuntu 8.04 (TLS).
I installed QT-SDK (for qt-creator),
Install qt-embedded 4.5.0 with such keys: -qws -debug ...(keyboard and
mouse from qws).
and installed it.
In Qt Creator I compiled debugger helper and configured this qt in QT
preferences.

Then I tried to see what setFocus() function do on QWidget, and make
breakpoint on this call from my source-code.

Run in debug mode, and press F11 and got in qwidget.h (which located
in /usr/local/Trolltech/qt-embedded-4.5.0), in this line:
slot QT_SLOT:
	inline setFocus() {setFocus(Qt::OtheFocusReason);}
I push F11 (Step into) and after some time (over 1 second ), returned
back to my source code.

In GDB window nothing changed, and in sources window of debug is the
list of installed headers.

How to debug QT Library? What I do wrong ...

With best regards, Rudenko Eugene.