[Qt-creator] List of changes

Shaun van Wyngaard (home) shaungvw at gmail.com
Sat May 30 10:42:03 CEST 2009

Hi
As always, enjoying QT Creator. I find it very exciting to somehow be involved in the development of this, even if just on the odd occasion submitting feedback.
To this end, my question: I regularly check on the snapshots for the latest versions/snapshots. I always wonder what has changed though, from version to version, and apart from looking on the gitorious site at the daily commits, I was wondering, is there a summary of what has changed i.e. without actually going into each commit, do the comments themselves get summarised anywhere? Is there a way to somehow get these change comments automatically included into the QT Creator help file? Maybe under a "What's changed" title? If I have missed a month between snapshots, it takes a long time time to open and read each entry.
For myself, I don't particularly watch for a particular feature that I have been waiting for before I download, I just like having the latest. I think it is a sickness!

I have no experience or knowledge on how the gitorious site works, as I have never been involved in team developments, using branches and mergers. I see COMMIT and PUSH and WIKI. I have looked in the FAQ and ABOUT links, but I am still lost. Can you explain the process to me? Just the basics. I have figured out that clicking the COMMIT, I can see the details of the code itself that has changed.

Keep well.
Shaun