[Qt-creator] Running and debugging with N9 phone with usb connection

eike.ziller at nokia.com eike.ziller at nokia.com
Fri Nov 11 08:57:04 CET 2011

Hi,

On 10 Nov 2011, at 20:11, ext Harri Pasanen wrote:

> I'm using Qt Creator 2.3.1 Qt SDK 1.1.4, up to date as of today, on
> Kubuntu 11.04 amd64 host.
>
> All in all it works like a dream, quite fast and all.
>
> Two small niggles though:
>
> 1. Somehow the USB be connection occasionally hijacks the network
> connection and DNS lookups fail.
>
> sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
>
> cures that.
>
> 2. If I want to run on the phone, the green arrow always deploys the
> project again prior to running even if there have been no changes.  For
> small projects it's fine, as the deployment is fast, but with bigger
> projects with lots of application metadata it is a bit annoying.
> Is there a setting to change that?

The only option you have atm to avoid that is to turn off "Always deploy project before running it" in "Options > Projects > General". Please note that Qt Creator then will *never* deploy your application when you press the run button, even if there were changes. You'll then have to run the deploy step manually (by choosing "Build > Deploy" or assigning a keyboard shortcut to that menu).

(Qt Creator master (which will be released as 2.5 at some point) adds a "Run without Deploying" action, which then can be used instead).

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori