[Qt-creator] indent preprocessor directives

Mohammad Mirzadeh mirzadeh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 17:34:08 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 7:44 AM, Erik Verbruggen <erik.verbruggen at me.com>wrote:

> On Apr 20, 2012, at 2:41, Mohammad Mirzadeh wrote:
>
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > Is there a way to tell QtCreator to indent directives appropriately? I
> don't seem to find an option under the code style ...
>
> No, there are no options for the preprocessor directives. Qt Creator will
> put a # at the start of the line, which is what the C(++) standard(s)
> require.
>
> > I need this for better readability of my OpenMP codes where parallel
> sections should be placed between codeblocks preceded by a compiler
> directive.
>

 > Can you give an example? I have never seen OpenMP code, so I cannot
guess what "appropriate" means in that context.

Sure. OpenMP is mostly compiler directives that you include in your
sequential code. A simple Hello world code looks like this

#include <iostream>

#include <omp.h>

using namespace std;

int main()

{

#pragma omp parallel

    {

        cout << "Hello world from thread # " << omp_get_thread_num() << endl;

    }

    return 0;

}

And so what I need is to indent #pragma directive to the proceeding code
block level. There could also be nested parallel constructs as well which
hurts the code readability a little bit.