[Qt-creator] Target refactoring

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at nokia.com
Mon Apr 23 14:36:37 CEST 2012

On 23/04/2012 13:15, ext Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

>>>   I wanted to add support for ninja, the 'make' replacement.
>>>   CMake now can generate ninja build files.
>>
>> Ninja support for now is a cmake feature for now, isen't it?
>
> Right now yes, but it may change in future. Also, it would be beneficial
> for qmake to have Ninja backend at least to speed up build of Qt itself.

It is potentially a valid use case to have different "tool chains"
(resp. makefile generators) that use ninja as build tool.
In that case it would be good if we were reusing the ninja support and
not hacking it into the cmake plugin.
But as long as there isn't any other plugin that needs to use ninja the
"reusing effort" can be delayed IMO.

BR,

Jörg