[Qt-creator] Target refactoring

Peter Kuemmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Mon Apr 23 15:06:44 CEST 2012

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:52:13 +0000
> Von: tobias.hunger at nokia.com
> An: syntheticpp at gmx.net, qt-creator at qt-project.org
> Betreff: AW: [Qt-creator] Target refactoring

> Peter Kümmel wrote:
> > I wanted to add support for ninja, the 'make' replacement.
> > CMake now can generate ninja build files.
>
> Ninja support for now is a cmake feature for now, isen't it?

Within QtCreator yes, but you could have generated the ninja files
with other tools (gyp).

But the patch is not only for CMake it should be possible to also
have cleaned up the jom stuff.

> Yes, we basically have the string "jom" override the command used to in a
> makestep.

I tried it the jom way and it was worse than this patch.

> > I also had a look at the qbs branch because supporting qbs and make
>
> Qbs does not use make at all, it combines the configuration system and > the build system, which cmake keeps separate (cmake doing the configuration, writing
> files for the build system to process).

Yes it shows all is mixed together into one manager.

> What else do you need?

ATM nothing, I can work with my branch.

> > Maybe my proposal doesn't fit into the current design but maybe we
> > could find a solution which makes it strait forward to add a new
> > build system.

I haven't tried to patch the make steps, maybe this is better than my current solution.

Peter