[Qt-creator] Target refactoring

tobias.hunger at nokia.com tobias.hunger at nokia.com
Mon Apr 23 16:54:37 CEST 2012

Jörg wrote:
> It is potentially a valid use case to have different "tool chains"
> (resp. makefile generators) that use ninja as build tool.

Yes, but a tool chain inside Creator is a compiler/linker and does not
create makefiles:-)

> In that case it would be good if we were reusing the ninja support and
> not hacking it into the cmake plugin.

Yes, the ninja support should be as stand alone as possible, I fully agree.
My point is that if the cmake plugin is going to build with ninja, then the
cmake plugin needs to know about the ninja support we have somehow
and set up the necessary build steps and configure cmake to produce the
ninja Makefiles (whatever they are called).

Whether the cmake plugin does so because includes the ninja code or
because it depends on a "ninja-plugin" does not really matter for now
I think.

> But as long as there isn't any other plugin that needs to use ninja the
> "reusing effort" can be delayed IMO.

Yeap.

Best Regards,
Tobias

Tobias Hunger
Software Engineer
Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori