[Qt-creator] How to show sources in the project tree that are not compiled by gcc.

Paulo Silva paulo.jnkml at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 10:39:49 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm building a cuda application on QtC, and I got to this point that I
have two types of sources.
One, the normal c/c++ sources, and another the cuda sources.

Like discussed here http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=29539

in my project file I have:

CUDA_SOURCES += ../src/*.cu
SOURCES += ../src/*.cpp
(...)
cuda.input = CUDA_SOURCES
(...)
QMAKE_EXTRA_COMPILERS += cuda

Now, I would like to have my CUDA_SOURCES listed in the project tree.
However if I add them to the SOURCES then gcc will try to compile them
- and we don't want that, because nvcc will take care of that.
Is there another way of making them show up on the tree?

My issue is exactly the same as asked here:
http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/3105
But the answer is not helpful, as it does not relate to how to get the
source listed on the QtCreator project tree.

Thank you
Paulo