[Qt-creator] tool chain detection problem on FreeBSD

HU Dong itechbear at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 03:47:09 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 1:47 AM, André Pönitz <
andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 09:16:17PM +0800, HU Dong wrote:
> > Hi, everyone!
> >     I'm using qt creator 2.5.0 on FreeBSD 9.0 release i386. When I
started qt
> > creator after installation, I found it failed to automatically detect
tool
> > chains, with no items in Tools->Options->Build & Run->Tool Chains. So I
added
> > Clang (/usr/bin/clang(ver 3.0) and /usr/local/bin/gdb(ver 7.4)) with
mkspec
> > freebsd-clang. It automatically detected the correct ABI version.
Everything
> > seemed fine until I found that the GDB debugger didn't work properly.
[...]
> > Now what can I do?
>
> Please attach the contents of the debugger log of a session that failed
> to set breakpoints (right pane of Windows->Views->Debugger Log)
>
> Andre'

1. Project
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main(){
  cout << "Hello World!" << endl;
  return 0;
}
The breakpoint was set as main().

2.The application ran straightly forward until finished. Then two dialogs
appeared reporting "Application process could not be stopped:The program is
not being run." and "Cannot continue debugged process:The program is not
being run."

3.xterm output:
Hello, world!
Press <RETURN> to close this window...