[Qt-creator] Ctrl+delete to delete contiguous whitespaces with one keystroke.

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 19:13:05 CEST 2012

There is a bug about a similar issue in the tracker
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-7589

basically - when camel case is disabled this feature is really broken.

But even with whitespace working with camelcase option enabled, its
not great imho

I spent some time to tweak this behaviour in blender (used for our
python console, editor and text fields),
see: https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/blender/source/blender/blenlib/intern/string_cursor_utf8.c

basically whitespace and text is treated the same way, if you are in
white space, jump until the cursor reaches non-whitespace, and vice
vercer when the cursor is in non-whitespace.

Keeping the same behavior is important for ctrl+delete, backspace,
left, right - so the user knows what to expect.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Peter Pearson <peter at thefoundry.co.uk> wrote:
> On 16/08/12 09:58, Kuiper, Luuk wrote:
>> I am using QtCreator 2.5.0. and I am severly missing the possibility to
>> delete contiguous whitespace characters with one keystroke.
>> In older versions, ctrl+del did delete from the cursor to the next word.
>> So also deleting the whitspaces until that next word as well.
>> Why is this function reduced to 'delete until end of word'?
>> Is there a possibility to change it back again (on make it
>> configurable)?
>
> +1 this.
>
> Also, ctrl + left/right keys has the same issue. It used to be (2.2?)
> possible skip from the start of whitespace to the end - now things seems
> to go from one start of whitespace to the next start of whitespace after
> the word inbetween...
>
> Cheers,
> Peter Pearson

- Campbell