[Qt-creator] Symbian support removed

Daniel Teske daniel.teske at nokia.com
Wed Aug 22 14:52:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

somewhat to my suprise, since I'm the "maintainer" [1], the Symbian support
was removed with ae23d50576ac076aeb22a3d56abdb5e2c1d9b327.

I actually intended to wait a little bit longer if someone would be interested
in that code and release it as is with 2.6. Tobias did test it a little bit
after his refacotring, but it's likely that some things were broken.

Since it looks very unlikely that anyone would want to take it up and somewhat
likely that the Symbian support in 2.6 would have been subpar anyway, I won't
revert the removal.

If *you* would want to step up, now would be the last chance to say so.

Also I'll close all remaining symbian bugs now as out of scope.

daniel

PS:
Also I think, bigger feature removals should be first announced on the mailing
lists as a matter of principle, before actually submitting it.

[1] Only technically since I'm responsible for anything unmaintained under the
"Project Management & Targets" component.