[Qt-creator] LLDB support

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Aug 27 19:45:08 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 01:24:10PM +0200, Michael Seydl wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Progress. Progress. :) I'm push my changes on my github account soon,

I wonder whether you could put it directly on gerrit. Requires
a couple of minutes to set up, but would put it in the right
pipe already.

It's also good timing. With 2.6 being finally branched, master
is open for fancy new features again.

> but here's the caveat when using lldb on Mac. When debugging binaries
> build with llvm-gcc almost all the lldb python stl formatter and
> helper are broken. And even if someone would take it on to write some
> new formatters it would be hard for the debugger to distinguish which
> compiler actually build the binary.

The missing STL formatter would be no show stopper for the initial
version. And I don't even think there is a real problem at all as
the new Target/Profile/WhateverNameThatThingWillGet system allows
(among others) associating compilers with debuggers. So you can
have two Targets/Profiles/WhateverNameTheseThingsWillGet, one with
compiler llvm-gcc and debugger gdb, and one with clang/lldb.

> Therefore my implementation of the lldb debugger just debugs binaries
> properly, which were build with clang. Guess that's a bummer as clang
> is still and unsupported mkspec.
>
> What do you think?

Everything seems to be ok so far.

Andre'