[Qt-creator] Minimizing compile-time conditionals in Qt Creator

Michael Seydl michael.seydl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 20:10:50 CEST 2012

Of course we do not know the function at hand, but my best guess would be that it's a quite simple one evaluating always true on Windows platforms. Therefore this function probably will be inlined. Which leads us to an always true conditional, which will be optimised out eventually. I don't think that it does matter in anyway if this method is static or not. Secondly there's runtime optimisation in any c++ compiler? I must have been living under a rock :)

So André's statement still holds.

greetz,
mike