[Qt-creator] code style option: pointer, reference

Markus Rathgeb maggu2810 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 15:45:16 CET 2012

Hello!

Would it be possible to add an option to the code style settings to decide
on which position the whitespace and the pointer / reference sign should be
located on auto completion.

For example:
I added a definition of a member function function to a class in the the
header file e.g.
class ClassX
{
    void fooA(const ObjectA& a, ObjectB* b);
    void fooB(const ObjectA &a, ObjectB *b);
}

No I open the cxx (cpp or whatever naming scheme is used) file of the class
and would like to implement the functions.
I write
void ClassX::fooA(
the auto completion suggests me the write signature, I press return to
apply it and I get:
void ClassX::fooA(const ObjectA &a, ObjectB *b);
Same for fooB(..).

It would be nice, if there would be an option where I can state if I want
to use:
- Object& obj OR Object &obj
- Object* obj IR Object *obj

There is no correct or wrong, this is simply a styling stuff.

Could someone add this feature?
It would be great!

Best regards and thanks for the top IDE,
Markus