[Qt-creator] QtCreator C++ code parser and clang integration status

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap at eros-os.org
Wed Feb 1 15:45:52 CET 2012

2012/1/31 André Pönitz <andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de>

> But [Clang]
> wouldn't come for free. On the Creator side there suddenly _needs_ to be
> a way to persist code models with all the ugly problems that brings
> regarding storage, synchronisation and housekeeping. There's suddenly an
> "upstream" and the need to explain why stuff in SLOT(...) should be
> handled as function signature, and not the string literal that the
> compiler sees....

André:

Please forgive my ignorance, but there is obviously something here that I
am failing to understand.

I understand why interacting with CLang requires a model like the one that
you describe, but I would think that* any* compiler front end would need
this. Which raises two questions:

1. How is the *current* processing approach avoiding this requirement?

2. It seems that much of this has been solved in Eclipse (for some value of
"solved"). We obviously can't adopt their code, but would it be useful to
adopt some of their data model?

Jonathan