[Qt-creator] QtCreator C++ code parser and clang integration status

Flex Ferrum flexferrum at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 19:31:15 CET 2012

>> Just imagine what during clang processing "SLOT(foo(int))" is
>> expanding into something like this:
>>
>> __qtcreator_this_class_method_ref_as_slot(foo(int))
>
> It doesn't get expanded as that.
>
> After clang (or any "real" preprocessor for that matter) had its go, it's
> essentially 'some_function("some_string_literal")'.

But if we manage to predefine macros SLOT as
#define SLOT(smth) __qtcreator_this_class_method_ref_as_slot(smth)
_before_ clang preprocessing then clang _does_ it. Also it reports
warning about SLOT redefinition in the qt headers but we can ignore
it. Right?

I have to notice what this is one of the possible ways. I'm not sure
what clang allows such trick. But if it can...

Best Regards,
Flex Ferrum.