[Qt-creator] New terminal plugin for QtCreator

Nicolas Arnaud-Cormos nicolas.arnaud-cormos at kdab.com
Fri Feb 3 18:35:13 CET 2012

Nice work, looking forward testing it.

I just have a quick look on the code, and have some general remarks (same for
all 3rd party plugin) - mainly neatpicking:

 * add a PROVIDER line in your .pro file
The PROVIDER is not Nokia, but you :)

 * at least, put this in the .pro file (even if not using it):
## uncomment to build plugin into user config directory
## <localappdata>/plugins/<ideversion>
##    where <localappdata> is e.g.
##    "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Nokia\qtcreator" on Windows Vista and later
##    "$XDG_DATA_HOME/Nokia/qtcreator" or "~/.local/share/Nokia/qtcreator" on
Linux
##    "~/Library/Application Support/Nokia/Qt Creator" on Mac
#USE_USER_DESTDIR = yes
Allow people to compile the plugin and use it, even if they don't have write
access to the creator build directory.
I would follow the .pro file generated by the Qt Creator plugin project.

 * you should use a version numbering
As your plugin is outside Qt Creator, it does not follow its numbering scheme.
<plugin name=\"Terminal\" version=\"1.0\" compatVersion=\"1.0\"
experimental=\"true\">

Thanks,
Nicolas