[Qt-creator] Shared run configuration widget

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Wed Feb 8 13:36:36 CET 2012

Hi Qt Creator developers,

I wanted to add support for RunConfigurations into my build system plugin, and found that there are 2 classes in Qt Creator constructing the same GUI with slightly different code: Qt4RunConfigurationWidget and CustomExecutableConfigurationWidget. Unfortunately both classes are not exported, so I cannot re-use one of them.

I think the correct way to solve this problem is to move shared code into RunConfigWidget in ProjectExplorer plugin, and than inherit Qt4RunConfigurationWidget and CustomExecutableConfigurationWidget from it instead of QWidget. Is it OK with you? Does anyone work on this already?

--
Regards,
Konstantin