[Qt-creator] Qt Creator and CMake

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Mon Feb 13 11:34:03 CET 2012

On 02/13/12 05:30 PM, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Why is linking to CMakeLib needed? KDevelop provides very good
> integration with CMake without linking
performance

> Also, linking to CMakeLib may be a problem: what happens if I want to
> use a newer/older version of CMake?
Isn't cmake backwards compatible?  If we're using a fairly recent
version why would it be a problem?  In fact it would simplify the system
requirement
---------
Shooting off the cuff here - I'm not familiar withthe kdev cmakelib work
and happy to hear more about it.

I think what Konstantin is targeting can be summed up like this - parse
cmake files as fast as possible and emit make or ninja files.