[Qt-creator] QT Creator autotools project plugin NOT in QT Creator 2.4.1 from source

eike.ziller at nokia.com eike.ziller at nokia.com
Thu Feb 23 08:45:57 CET 2012

Hi,

On 23 Feb 2012, at 05:46, ext Pedro Silva Vicente wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I built Qt 4.8 and QT Creator 2.4.1 from source , but the QT Creator autotools project described here  is not available
>
> http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtcreator-snapshot/creator-projects-autotools.html

That's the documentation snapshot for the upcoming next release of Qt Creator. So it contains documentation for things not available in earlier versions.
The autotools project manager is not part of Qt Creator 2.4.

>  I used the sources at
>
> Qt libraries 4.8.0 for Linux/X11 (228 MB)
> Qt Creator 2.4.1 for Linux/X11 64-bit (82 MB)
>
> downloaded from
>
> http://qt.nokia.com/downloads
>

> I tried building the same some weeks ago (another version maybe ? ) and the QT Creator autotools project  *was* available

You need to build the current unstable development version of Qt Creator (which will become 2.5), you can get the sources e.g. from gitorious here:
http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-creator/qt-creator/trees/master
(the link "Download master as .tar.gz), or use git to fetch it.

What the documentation does not explain (I'll prepare a fix for that), is that the autotools project manager is disabled by default, and you need to first enable it:
Help > About Plugins (or Qt Creator > About Plugins on Mac), enable Build Systems > AutotoolsProjectManager, and restart Qt Creator.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori