[Qt-creator] QtCreator with Clang is awesome

Joshua Pedrick joshua.pedrick at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 04:19:22 CEST 2012

Today I compiled the wip/clang branch of QtCreator. Aside from a
segfault while toying around with some heavy template code, the code
parsing is _so_much_better_. I'd love to see this hit trunk at least
as an optional feature.

One point of difficulty. I'd like to be able to dig into clang options
from the plugin interface(i.e. plugin details like some plugins) to
add default options for clang.

As is I hard coded the options I wanted in: clangutils.cpp
Clang::Utils::createClangOptions

Secondly, I couldn't find the "Code Completion Settings" tab under the
Projects view. Maybe that would solve the above issue?

Thanks for the awesome work!

-Josh