[Qt-creator] C++11 mode for toolchain?

Leandro T. C. Melo ltcmelo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 18:37:19 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Stephen Chu <stephen at ju-ju.com> wrote:

> I was searching the bug reports and happened on this bug:
> <https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-7449>
>
> Thiago mentioned configuring toolchain for C++11 mode. How do you do
> that? I see no option of that sort in Creator 2.5. Is that a new feature?

Hi,

for that particular bug it was just about adding the -std=c++0x to the pro
file. For Qt Creator's code model itself we don't really have a flag
(currently C++11 is turned on by default - although we don't understand
everything yet). But in certain cases the options you specify will actually
affect parsing, since we use them to get the pre-defined macros for the
compiler, which in turn might lead to different implementations - just like
for QStringLiteral as mentioned in that report.

Nevertheless, we should consider doing so. If I recall correctly that is
taken into consideration for completion/semantic highlighting in the clang
branch.

Cheers,
Leandro

--