[Qt-creator] lib search path

eike.ziller at nokia.com eike.ziller at nokia.com
Thu Jul 19 13:42:50 CEST 2012

On 19 Jul 2012, at 13:00, ext Diego Iastrubni wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Duane Hebert <duane.hebert at group-upc.com> wrote:
> I installed Qt from the SDK.  It works fine on my desktop.  But when I install my application on our target controller, it doesn't find them unless I put them in /usr/lib.
> BTW I would just do this but one of our guys says that libs should be in usr/local/lib.  Is there any reason for this?
>

> If you deploy the QtLibs with your application into a non standard lib you might want to wrap your binary with a shell script which set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> You might also read these docs: http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/deployment.html

You can also just run "make bindist" in the qt creator build. That creates a deployable bundle that includes the Qt that you used to compile Qt Creator.

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori