[Qt-creator] Constant update to .user file?

Stephen Chu stephen at ju-ju.com
Sat Jul 21 17:42:59 CEST 2012

I have one of my projects in my Dropbox folder so it gets synced to
other machines I use. I noticed ever since I did that, Dropbox has been
constantly syncing 1 file. It turns out it's the .user file in the project.

The file is constantly being updated every second or so when the project
is open. But when Creator is in the background and the project is not
being worked on, it's still updating the file for no apparent reason.

I am curious on why Creator needs to update the user file so often even
without change? Is there a setting to stop it from doing that?

Thanks.

BTW. This is Creator 2.5.1 built from git on OS X 10.7.4 if that matters.