[Qt-creator] Designer: Buddy checkbox disables OK button?

Moritz Gellner moritz.gellner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 12:43:54 CEST 2012

Hi Stephen,

I assume this behaviour is intended, as QTextEdit's can't actually
*have* a buddy, they can only *be* a buddy - more specifically, they
are usually the buddy of either a QLabel or something derived from it.
See http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/designer-buddy-mode.html for a
good explanation of how to link a label to its buddy. Programatically,
you could also use QLabel::setBuddy(QWidget*).

Perhaps the "buddy" checkbox in the dialog should be disabled in the
first place though if the item being edited is not a QLabel?

Cheers,
Moritz

PS: This is my first response to the mailing list, so I'm not sure if
this is the correct way to reply... sorry if I should have done it
differently.

--
Moritz J. Gellner
Northwestern University, '14