[Qt-creator] confused about QtCreators behaviour

Geronimo Ma. Hernandez geronimo013 at gmx.com
Fri Jun 1 15:16:47 CEST 2012

On Freitag 01 Juni 2012, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> 01.06.2012, 16:35, "Geronimo Ma. Hernandez" <geronimo013 at gmx.com>:
> > On linux, QtCreator is started by a little wrapper script (qtcreator.sh),
> > which patches the environment and puts the qt-libraries at prominent
> > location in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> I never use this script.

Well, if the qt-version of your system matches the qt-version from QtCreator,
you don't need that script.

I used the binary installer package and after installation I placed the menu-
entry from KDE-startmenu to the quickstarter.
Their I looked for properties, which showed the usage of that script.

I think, there's nothing wrong, using such wrapper scripts. Only need to take
care, that the build system gets the original environment.

kind regards

Gero