[Qt-creator] Strange difference when running with debug, as opposed to just running

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Thu Jun 28 17:54:29 CEST 2012

I have some code that runs ok in Qt Simulator when launched from Qt
Creator  by clicking on the green arrow head.

But if I run it clicking the arrow head with a bug on it,  I see
messages like

file:///home/harri/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/symbian.1.1/ContextMenu.qml:89:
Unable to assign QObject* to Popup_QMLTYPE_18*

file:///home/harri/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/symbian.1.1/MenuContent.qml:64:
TypeError: Result of expression 'containingPopup' [null] is not an object.

and when the application comes up, the toolbar (ToolBarLayout) is empty,
without any buttons.

Similarly, running with valgrind memcheck, the toolbar is populated ok,
and none of the above errors appear.

I'm not sure exactly at what moment this started happening, might have
been back when added the toolbar, as previous revision did not have
any.   I don't run the debugger so often, so I did not notice until now.

I don't have any breakpoints set.

Kind of strange, any ideas?

/Harri