[Qt-creator] Where is QTDIR defined on OSX?

Lincoln Ramsay lincoln.ramsay at nokia.com
Fri Mar 2 00:21:28 CET 2012

On 03/01/2012 06:14 PM, ext eike.ziller at nokia.com wrote:
> Qt Creator injects it into the build environment.
> I don't if it was necessary/useful with older Qt versions, but
> nowadays it's definitely not used nor necessary on Mac.

It was officially removed with Qt 4.0. However, it sort-of hung around
in a few places but generally, it didn't matter if you set it or not (or
even if you set it wrong) because all the places that used it had it set
for them by the rest of the build system.

With 5.0, you need QTDIR set (and set correctly) when you run qmake on a
module because syncqt uses it to locate the qtbase module. Why qmake
can't supply the location of the qtbase module to syncqt is a mystery to me.

--
Lincoln Ramsay - Senior Software Engineer
Qt Development Frameworks, Nokia - http://qt.nokia.com/