[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 2.5 beta and Generic Projects setup

André Hartmann andre.hartmann at iseg-hv.de
Fri Mar 16 07:49:42 CET 2012

Hello all,

I did my first productive tests with Creator 2.5 beta and Generic Projects.

First of all I'd like to thank all contributors for their great work!

I discovered the following under Windows 7 64 bit with severall
Microsoft toolchains + MinGW from Creator:

If I open a Generic Project in Creator 2.4, that doesn't contain a
pro.user with, Creator selects the MinGW toolchain and sets up a build
step 'make all', but no clean steps.

When I do the same with Creator 2.5 beta, it selects the first Microsoft
toolchain and sets up a build step 'jom all' and a clean step 'jom clean'.

Unfortunately, even if you select the MinGW toolchain in the Build
settings, you have to change all the 'jom' to 'make' (or mingw32-make).

Is there a way to prefer the MinGW toolchain over the Microsoft ones as
Creator 2.4 seems to do?

Thanks in advance,
André