[Qt-creator] Qt Creator & Qt5 alpha release?

morten.sorvig at nokia.com morten.sorvig at nokia.com
Fri Mar 16 15:39:01 CET 2012

On Mar 13, 2012, at 3:36 PM, ext quim.gil at nokia.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ziller Eike wrote:
>> we plan to release the Qt Creator 2.5 beta this week.
>> http://wiki.qt-project.org/Qt_Creator/Releases
>
> Ok, understood. Thanks!
>
> Do you think we will know before March 20 whether this Qt Creator 2.5 release does build in Qt 5 alpha? It won't be really nice if we have the first Qt 5 release and among the first comments we get  is "not even Qt Creator builds there".

On Mac we're having a small sprint fixing bugs in the Cocoa plugin with the goal of making Qt Creator as good as possible on Qt 5 alpha. As of today I would say that it's actually usable - most remaining bugs are cosmetic. Give it a few more days of work and we should be in good shape.

I'm testing with Qt Creator master, we should probably run a test with 2.5 as well.

Morten