[Qt-creator] Deploying to remote linux device

Duane duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Wed Mar 21 18:42:14 CET 2012

On 03/21/2012 12:32 PM, Christian Kandeler wrote:
> On 03/20/2012 07:14 PM, ext Duane wrote:
>> We have custom libs to deploy along with our app and I just want to see
>> them show up.  I'm trying with a couple of boost libs.
>>
>> When I add to my .pro file:
>>
>> linux-* {
>>
>>         target.path = /home/someuser/myprogram
>>         INSTALLS += target
>>

>> }
>>
>> in Creator, I see the deploy step and when I run from creator, the app
>> gets deployed there.  Adding files doesn't seem to work.
>
> Please define "adding files" and "doesn't seem to work". What exactly
> did you do and what was the result?

I tried adding :

target.files = myconfigfile.txt

to the lines above.

I expected to see another line in the Run configuration screen under
local file path and remote directory, and I expected to see the file
show up on the target device with the executable.  Neither of these
happened. I see examples in the help docs that show multiple rows in
this list box (local file path  -  Remote Directory) but I don't see how
to get them there.

I'm trying to achieve something similar to what I can do from Visual
Studio when building and deploying a CE project. In this case, I can
have it replicate the whole folder on the target, including any and all
configuration files etc.